Mini Jersey Bull Semen Available
Regular semen available for $35 per straw on all 4 excellent miniature Jersey bulls (price of all semen does not include shipping).
We currently have sexed semen available on White Star Farm Primo for $150 per straw.
A2/A2, SMALL AND GORGEOUS
Introducing the newest Mini Jersey bull in our top quality line-up. Jesse is the smallest of our bulls, is very light in color and has that coveted deeply dished face we so want in our calves. He also has a lovely gentle temperament. Jesse is a young bull and as of March 2021 only has one calf on the ground, but she is tiny and gorgeous, we are expecting great things from this little guy.
Regular semen is available for $35 per straw plus shipping, and female sexed semen is sold out!
Registered Name: Miracle Jesse Registration #: MJHB1280
Date of Birth: 22 Apr 2019 DNA Case Number: NC53273
Sire: Sunshine Acres Integrity Height: 40″ @ 2 Years (measured at the top of the hip)
Dam: RNC Miss Ruthie Chondro Results: Non-Carrier BD1
A2 Results: A2/A2 Horns: De-horned
White Star Farm Primo
WHITE STAR FARM PRIMO
A2/A2 AND HOMOZYGOUS POLLED
Primo is very well bred and has excellent dairy conformation with beautiful small feet and fine bone structure. He is also very light in color. Primo has proven himself a good herd sire and producer of outstanding calves. In fact, we have kept several of his heifers for breeding purposes. His temperament is another great asset, he is the gentlest bull we’ve ever worked with. Although Primo is a little bit taller than we would like for him to be, his parentage is significantly shorter and he is producing calves that will mature shorter than he is and they all have beautiful conformation, color and temperament. Primo continues to be an outstanding choice for your breeding needs.
Regular semen is available for $35 per straw plus shipping, and female sexed semen is available for only $150!!
Registered Name: White Star Farm Primo Registration #: MJHB0754
Date of Birth: 18 May 2017 DNA Case Number: NC39806
Sire: Frazier’s Credentials (RIO) Height: 46″ @ 3 Years (measured at the top of the hip bone)
Dam: White Star Farm Lily Rose Chondro Results: Non-Carrier BD1
A2 Results: A2/A2 Tested Negative: BVD, BLV and Johnes
Horns: Homozygous Polled
South House Dapper Dan (A2/A2)
Conformation, temperament, size and beauty Dapper Dan has it all! Dapper Dan has produced some really gorgeous calves, most of whom have his signature dished face and well-shaped head, plus strong straight legs, good udder attachment and small size. We are proud of the calves Dapper Dan has produced for us and our clients.
Frozen semen available delivered directly from Champion Genetics in Canton, Texas – $35 per straw plus shipping. SOLD OUT!
Dapper Dan Stats:
Height at 3 years of age: 43.5″
Beta Casein: A2/A2
Registration: MJHB00083 & AMJA1260
Horns: Heterozygous polled
Chondro (Dwarfism): Negative
Sire: South House Just My Luck MJHB0023 Dam: K&K Rubex MJHB0089
D C Ebenezer
We are pleased to offer semen on an excellent Miniature Jersey bull, D C Ebenezer. With great size, conformation, color and temperament, he has become an important part of our breeding program. The calves he has produced have his lovely orange color and beautiful conformation. We have retained many of his heifers in our breeding program.
Frozen semen available delivered directly from Champion Genetics in Canton, Texas – $35 per straw plus shipping.
D C Ebenezer Stats:
Height at 3 years of age: 44”
Beta Casein: A1/A2
Horns: Heterozygous polled
Chondro (Dwarfism): Negative
Sire: Meadow Beauty’s Little Dream – MJHB0102 Dam: D C Lotta Luv – MJHB0114
Key ideas on Artificial Insemination in Cattle
- First you need to identify a veterinarian or other AI professional in your area to do the procedure. Unless you have received extensive training in artificial insemination (AI) you can NOT do this yourself.
- You also need a place to store your frozen semen. Semen is stored at -300º F in a liquid nitrogen tank (you cannot store frozen semen in your freezer). These tanks are costly and need routine maintenance to keep them viable. Most large animal veterinarians have semen storage available and charge a nominal fee for this service, often as little as $60 per year for 100 straws.
- Frozen semen is shipped in small liquid nitrogen tanks that must be returned to the shipper. The facility we use for storage of most of our frozen semen ships directly from their facility, to wherever you plan to store your bull semen to ensure that it arrives in perfect condition. When purchasing semen from us, you will contact our storage facility directly to arrange the details of shipment. You can expect shipping to cost about $100 for 1 to 100 straws including the return postage for the tank. Because of the cost of shipment, it behooves you to purchase as much semen from a particular facility as you think you can use to minimize shipping costs.
- As long as it is properly handled, frozen semen will last almost indefinitely, so don’t worry that what you purchase today won’t be good 5 or even 10 years from now.
- Artificial insemination allows you to choose from many available bulls to maximize your breeding program. However, always remember that most AI professionals will tell you that any given AI attempt has only about a 60% chance of success. This means that when you purchase straws, always purchase 2 straws for each breeding you want to perform.
- Lastly, before purchasing semen from us, please call us to discuss your needs so we can help you have the very best probability of success with your AI program.